Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press booth (#700) to pick up titles including the Eisner Award-nominated Quince, The Margins, Hero Hotel, The Gamma Gals, Penguins vs. Possums, The Arcs, Something Animal, Identity Thief, and the Bram Stoker Award-nominated Fearworms: Selected Poems! Plus, purchase your very own limited edition Quince enamel pin and the official Fanbase Press t-shirt!
In addition, Amanda Donahue (artist, The Margins) will be signing at the Fanbase Press booth on Sunday, September 9, from 12:30-2 p.m., and Stefano Terry (creator/writer/artist, The Gamma Gals) will be signing at the Fanbase Press booth on Sunday from 2:00-3:30 p.m.
You will not want to miss the following panels featuring Fanbase Press' staff and contributors, which will include the following:
PANELS - Saturday, September 8
- 12:00 p.m.: New Latinx Voices in Comics - A celebration of some of the newest Latinx voices in comics, presented by Long Beach Comic Con and the LOS ANGELES TIMES EN ESPAÑOL! Writers Eric M. Esquivel (BORDER TOWN), Sebastian Kadlecik (QUINCE), cartoonist Melina Chavarria (THE MAGIC GLASSES), and podcaster Kristen Parraz (COMADRES Y COMICS) take part in an English-language discussion of their work, diversity, and how mainstream comics are changing to reflect the diversity of the comics audience. (Room S7)
- 2:00 p.m.: Women on the Dark Side - A Long Beach favorite returns! Not all female artists/creators are about unicorns and glittery vampires and silly pseudo-bondage. Some women create truly dark and challenging art and content. Whether it’s comic books, novels, or art, meet some of the women - Susan Lee, Kate Jonez, Janet Joyce Holden, and Bel Deliá - who are creating content that connects with our deeper, darker side in a panel moderated by Fanbase Press Editor-in-Chief Barbra Dillon. (Room S7)
- 4:00 p.m.: What's Next for Today's Superheroes? - The creators behind some of the most compelling characters in comics today take part in a panel exploring what's next for new and familiar superheroes alike. Join Margaret Stohl (THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL), Yancey Labat and Monica Kubina (DC SUPER HERO GIRLS), Mairghread Scott (BATGIRL), and Sebastian Kadlecik (QUINCE) for an inspiring conversation moderated by podcaster Kristen Parraz (COMADRES Y COMICS)! (Room S7)
- 4:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: Space Horror in Pop Culture - Space horror narratives have permeated film, TV, and other pop culture mediums for many decades, utilizing themes that explore psychological trauma, feelings of isolation, and the desire to survive while facing the unknown. Discuss the scary subgenre that blends science fiction and horror in the vastness of space with writers Nicholas Diak (THE NEW PEPLUM), Kevin Wetmore (UNCOVERING STRANGER THINGS), Janet Joyce Holden (BLOOD PATERNAL), and Ryan Cady (INFINITE DARK), led by Fanbase Press Editorials Manager Michele Brittany. (Room S4)
PANELS - Sunday, September 9
- 4:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: The Impact of LGBTQ Creators and Readers in Comics - The comic book industry is a diverse landscape of creators, readers, journalists, and retailers, representing all genders, ethnicities, sexual preferences, and ages. As the industry continues to evolve, so, too, should the diversity of its creative teams, characters, titles, and genres in order to better represent its fanbase. Led by Fanbase Press Editor-in-Chief Barbra Dillon, this panel - including Teresa Jusino (Pomonok Entertainment), Jennifer Lopez (host, Comadres y Comics podcast), Ted Abenheim (President, Prism Comics), Amanda Donahue (artist, The Margins) - will discuss the importance of LGBTQ inclusivity and representation in the comic book industry. (Room S4)
In addition, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.
- Special guest Sebastian Kadlecik (Quince, Penguins vs. Possums) will be in Artist Alley at Table C-14!
- Comadres y Comics, a podcast highlighting the Latinx presence in the comic book industry as characters, creators, and fans, will be meeting and greeting listeners and LBCC attendees at Artist Alley Table A-24. They will also have many of the books they’ve reviewed on hand for you to view and purchase. Stop by for your free Comadres y Comics sticker or button!
- Special guest Norm Harper of Karate Petshop will be in Artist Alley at Table E-22!
- Clint and Dawn Wolf of Lab Reject Studios will be in Artist Alley at Table F-5!
- Writer/artist Susan Lee will be in Artist Alley at Table E14. Anyone who buys a copy of Wraith of Love or Shadow of the Knight will receive an exclusive set of mini-stories called "20/20" - 20 short "stories" written via writing prompts from a writers group that she attended. One of those prompts will be her next novel, Out of the Dark.
- Writer Rylend Grant (Aberrant) will be on two panels on Sunday, September 9: At 1 p.m., the Publishing Your First Comic Panel in Room S4 and at 3 p.m., the Directing Your Comic Panel in Room S4.
Please visit the Long Beach Comic Con website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event. In addition, follow Long Beach Comic Con on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and information.
Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!