Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press booth in Artist Alley (Table A-5) to pick up copies of the 2018 Eisner Award-nominated Quince, the 2014 Bram Stoker Award-nominated Fearworms: Selected Poems, The Sequels, A Geek's Guide to Cross-Stitch: Journeys in Space, The Margins, Hero Hotel, The Gamma Gals, Something Animal, Identity Thief, The Arcs, and Penguins vs. Possums,. As a special treat, Fanbase Press will be selling limited edition Quince enamel pins, Fanbase Press pins, and Fanbase Press t-shirt in sizes Small - XXL, so that attendees may show their geek pride in style.
You will not want to miss the following panels featuring Fanbase Press' staff and contributors, which will include the following:
Saturday, February 16
- 12:30 p.m.: Higher, Further, Faster: They Lead the Way - Iconic women will share their stories of the successes they've had and the challenges they've faced in comic editing and writing, journalism, conventions, and cosplay, and how bearing the mark of a trailblazer can be rewarding, frustrating, alienating, and fulfilling — all in equal measure! Panelists will include Barbra Dillon (Co-Founder and EIC - Fanbase Press), Ivy Doomkitty (International Cosplay Superstar), Martha Donato (Founder - Long Beach Comic Con and Expo), and Barbara Randall Kesel (Writer and Editor - DC Comics, CrossGen, Dark Horse). (Room 104A)
- 2:30 p.m.: Women on the Dark Side - Not all female artists/creators are about unicorns, glittery vampires, and silly pseudo-bondage. Some women create truly dark and challenging art and content, with just a touch of humor and whimsy. Whether it’s comic books, novels, or art, these are the women who are creating content that connects with our deeper, darker side. Featuring Anne Toole (HALO: LONE WOLF), Kate Jonez (editor, OMNIUM GATHERUM), Susan Lee (WRAITH OF LOVE), and Madeleine Holly-Rosing (BOSTON METAPHYSICAL SOCIETY). Moderated by Barbra Dillon (Editor-in-Chief, Fanbase Press). (Room 104A)
Sunday, February 17
- 3:30 p.m.: Fanbase Press Presents: The Past Is Now! Nostalgia in Comics and Graphic Novels - Pop culture's obsession with the '80s and '90s is reverberating through comics and graphic novels like PAPER GIRLS, STRANGER THINGS, and more. Fanbase Press Editor-in-Chief Barbra Dillon moderates an engaging panel about the past in the present and future with guests Marguerite Bennett (MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS), Todd Nauck (MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000), and Bobby Timony and Norm Harper (THE SEQUELS). (Room 104A)
CREATOR SIGNING SCHEDULE
Fanbase Press will also be joined by its creators for the following signings and meet-and-greets at Artist Alley table A-5 throughout the weekend
- The Gamma Gals creator/writer/artist Stefano Terry will be signing on Saturday, February 16, from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- The hosts of the Tread Perilously podcast, Erik Amaya and Justin Robinson, will be hosting a meet-and-greet on Saturday, February 16, from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
INDIE CREATORS IN ATTENDANCE
Last, but certainly not least, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.
- Comic book writer Sebastian Kadlecik (Quince, Penguins vs. Possums) will be in Artist Alley with copies of his award-winning comics and graphic novels!
- Comic book writer Norm Harper of Karate Petshop and the upcoming Fanbase Press series, The Sequels, will be in Artist Alley with his graphic novels, including the Eisner Award-nominated Rikki.
- Writer Neo Edmund will be in Artist Alley at Table E-25 with copies of his book, A Tale of Red Riding, Destiny of the Wayward Queen.
- Writer Russell Nohelty of Wannabe Press will be in Artist Alley at Table E-28!
- Clint and Dawn Wolf of Lab Reject Studios be at Artist's Alley table E-1!
- Comic book writer/artist Christie Shinn of HoraTora Studios will be at Artist's Alley table D-22!
- Comic book writer D.J. Kirkbride will be in Artist Alley with his graphic novels, including the limited series, Errand Boys.
- Comic book writer David Pepose will be in Artist Alley with copies of his series, Spencer & Locke.
Please visit the Long Beach Comic Expo website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event. In addition, follow Long Beach Comic Expo on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and information.
Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!