Fans in attendance will have a chance to stop by the Fanbase Press booth to pick up copies of the 2018 Eisner Award-nominated Quince, the 2014 Bram Stoker Award-nominated Fearworms: Selected Poems, The Sequels, A Geek's Guide to Cross-Stitch: Journeys in Space, The Margins, Hero Hotel, The Gamma Gals, Something Animal, Identity Thief, The Arcs, and Penguins vs. Possums. In addition, attendees will have a chance to pre-order our upcoming trade paperback for The Sequels, as well as to purchase an official Fanbase Press t-shirt and a Quince enamel pin.
You will not want to miss the following panels featuring Fanbase Press' staff and contributors, which will include:
Friday, March 29
- 6:30 p.m.: Fanbase Press: 10th Anniversary Watchmen Retrospective - The hosts of Fanbase Press' flagship podcast, The Fanbase Weekly, bring you this "Fanbase Feature" panel discussion focusing on the 10th anniversary of Zack Snyder's Watchmen film. Led by Bryant Dillon (president, Fanbase Press), panelists Hannibal Tabu (Comics Book Resources), Jonathan London (founder, Geekscape), Justin Peniston (writer, Hunter Black, Ben 10), and Barbra Dillon (editor-in-chief, Fanbase Press) will examine the plot, characters, and themes in this controversial comic book adaptation that paved the road to the DC cinematic universe! (Room 300D)
- 8:00 p.m.: The Arkham Sessions: The Psychology of X-Men: The Animated Series - Hosts Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward (The Arkham Sessions) have centered their podcast on the psychological exploration of Batman: The Animated Series. In this clash of universes, they'll analyze the iconic X-Men: The Animated Series! Join them, as they welcome series developer and writer Eric Lewald (X-Men) and show writer Julia Lewald (X-Men) to discuss the mental health, motivations, and humanity of some of the world's most popular mutants from the groundbreaking show. (Room 207)
Saturday, March 30
- 7:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press: World of Trading Cards - Themed collector cards have been around for over 100 years. Now, trading card sets typically include sketch cards, which feature the work of established and aspiring artists. Led by Michele Brittany (editorials manager, Fanbase Press), panelists Chris Thorne (DC Comics' The New 52), Ashleigh Popplewell (The Walking Dead), and Caleb King (Rick and Morty) talk about their experiences working with Topps, Cryptozoic Entertainment, and other companies to create trading cards that celebrate some of our favorite franchises. (Room 209)
- 7:30 p.m.: Tapas Media: Expanding Comic Book IPs into Video Games and More - Leading digital comic book platform Tapas Media explores the steps of how indie comic creators can creatively and commercially build their story, characters, worlds, and brand for future multimedia expansion (from games to filmed content). With the release of Dungeon Construction Co. and Demon House as comic-to-game examples, the publishing team and comic creators Josh Bakken (executive producer, Tapas Media) and Enzo (creator, EnzoComics) will discuss how you can grow your comic book IPs. Moderated by Barbra Dillon (editor-in-chief, Fanbase Press). (Room 208)
Sunday, March 31
- 11:30 a.m.: Women on the Dark Side - Not all female artists/creators are about unicorns and glittery vampires and silly pseudo-bondage. Some women create truly dark and challenging art and content, with just a touch of humor and whimsy. Whether it's comic books, novels, or art, these are the women who are creating content that connects with our deeper, darker side. Featuring Megan Hutchison (Rockstars), Mairghread Scott (Marvel Rising), MD Marie (Vindication), Susan Lee (Wraith of Love). Moderator Barbra Dillon of Fanbase Press. (Room 200B)
- 4:00 p.m.: Fanbase Press: Celebrating Fandoms with Geeky Crafting - There are so many fandoms that we celebrate through TV, movies, comics, books, and other mediums, yet media consumers love to show their creative sides, too! Led by Barbra Dillon (editor-in-chief, Fanbase Press), panelists Chris Rubin (Bubbles and Things Soaps), Clarissa Thorne (A Geek's Guide to Cross-Stitch), Chrissy Callahan (TurtleBunny Creations), and Lauren Rock (Calliope Candleworks) will discuss the benefits that crafting can offer in providing opportunities for creative fulfillment and entrepreneurial expansion. (Room 213CD)
CREATOR SIGNING SCHEDULE
Fanbase Press will also be joined by its creators for the following signings and meet-and-greets at Artist Alley table A-5 throughout the weekend
- The Sequels writer Norm Harper will be meeting fans and answering questions about the series on Friday, March 29, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- The Sequels writer Norm Harper will be meeting fans and answering questions about the series on Saturday, March 30, from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- The Margins artist Amanda Donahue will be signing on Saturday, March 30, from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Fearworms: Selected Poems writer/illustrator Robert Payne Cabeen will be signing on Saturday, March 30, from 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- The hosts of the Tread Perilously podcast, Erik Amaya and Justin Robinson, will be hosting a meet-and-greet on Saturday, March 30, from 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- The hosts of The Arkham Sessions podcast, Dr. Andrea Letamendi and Brian Ward, will be hosting a meet-and-greet on Sunday, March 31, from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- A Geek's Guide to Cross-Stitch: Journeys in Space creator Claire Thorne will be signing on Sunday, March 31, from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
INDIE CREATORS IN ATTENDANCE
Last, but certainly not least, you will not want to miss the other indie creators, writers, artists, and publishers who will be exhibiting their work at the convention.
- Boston Metaphysical Society will be located at Small Press table SP-53, debuting the graphic novel, Boston Metaphysical Society: The Spirit of Rebellion. The novel, Boston Metaphysical Society: A Storm of Secrets (Winner of a Silver Medal in the Feathered Quill Book Awards and overall TOP PICK) will make its first appearance at WonderCon. The writer/creator, Madeleine Holly-Rosing, will be on two panels: Steampunk Supernatural (Friday, March 29 at 1:30pm North 200B) and Webcomics Advocates: The Webcomics Gathering (Friday, March 29 at 7:00 p.m. - Room 211). Her husband, David Rosing, will be moderating the panel, No Tow Trucks Beyond Mars (Friday, March 29 at 5:00 p.m. Room 207)
- Artist Livio Ramondelli (Transformers, Star Wars) will be in Artist Alley at table B-24 selling prints and taking commissions.
- Writer Russell Nohelty of Wannabe Press will be in Small Press at SP10!
- Allen Carter of Carter Comics will be at Small Press table SP-73, promoting and selling his satire comic, Damn Tourists!, his science fiction comic series, Cosmic Force, and 11"x17" original comic book art from his fourth issue of Damn Tourists, as well as Cosmic Force issue #6, the second CF Prequel "Just Imagine," trading cards featuring C-Force members "Fuse" and "Imagine," and Damn Tourists postcard fridge magnets.
- Writer/artist Joshua Hauke (The Brothers Three) will be in Artist Alley at table C-46, selling books, posters, prints, and introducing The Brothers 3 Pins . . . because, who hasn't wanted to spruce up their bag or their sweater vest with their very own toilet shark.
- Comic book writer/artist Christie Shinn of HoraTora Studios will be at Artist Alley table E-55!
Monster Elementary will be at Small Press table SP-65. In addition, artist Lee-Roy Lahey will be in attendance on Saturday, March 30. Also on Saturday, March 30, at 3:00 p.m., Monster Elementary writer and creator Nicholas Doan will be on the "Reinventing Monsters" panel in room 211.
- Comic book and sketch card artist Chris Thorne will be in Artist Alley at table B-13. A Star Wars and Walking Dead-approved artist, he will be doing zombie commissions and taking sketch cover commissions all weekend. He will also be on Fanbase Press' aforementioned World of Trading Cards panel on Saturday.
Please visit the WonderCon website to purchase your tickets for this exciting event.
Everyone at Fanbase Press is greatly looking forward to the convention, and we hope to see you there!